Georgia is a country in the eastern shore of the Black Sea. Georgia is located on the shores of the Black Sea and forms the boundary between Europe and Asia. If you are looking for a new holiday destination, we suggest a trip to Georgia. Barely discovered by the average traveler, Georgia is a country with a very strong national character, visible in many aspects, from having their own Christian branch to a unique architectural style, a very elaborate cuisine and a deeply rooted wine culture. If you want to travel to Georgia, read this article before your trip.
For these 5 reasons, tourists traveled to Georgia:
1. You do not need to apply for a visa to travel to Georgia. Of course you need a valid passport to enter Georgia.
2. Georgians are kind and hospitable and treat foreign tourists really warmly.
3. Georgia is a safe country for women and solo travelers.
4. If you are an ecotourist and adventure traveler, you will experience the best view of Georgia’s mountainous areas. Georgia has a very beautiful and wonderful nature. Georgia’s weather is surprisingly diverse. Mountains between Georgia and Russia serve as a barrier against the horrible cold of Russia.
5. Georgia has a lot of delicious traditional dishes. One of the best fun in Georgia is to try a variety of traditional Georgian food.
Travel to Georgia
Best time to visit Georgia
First of all, you should know that Tbilisi can be visited all year long as, in winter, it never gets too cold plus Summer is particularly fine temperature in Tbilisi and it is the best season to enjoy the rest of the country.
You can take your skiing equipment and go skiing for several hours. When you become tired, you can swim on the beach. Two-third of Georgia is composed of mountains. Georgia also includes the beautiful Black Sea shore.
Visit Georgia in winter –from December to February, when the temperature is between 2 and 6 degrees Celsius, at nights below zero. Georgia has a few ski resorts, Gudauri being the most popular one, around 3 hours away from Tbilisi.
Travel to Georgia in summer
Visit Georgia in summer – In Georgia in summer, from June to August, temperature mostly stays between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius. The best time for trekking in the high Caucasus and visiting the coastal area.
Visit Georgia in spring
Spring from March to May is the best time to travel to Georgia. Beautiful landscapes and many sunny days but it might be too early to go trekking in the high Caucasus. It is more likely to rain in the late months of spring. So don’t forget the umbrella and raincoat in your suitcase.
Visit Georgia in autumn
Mid-September is the harvest season, so for wine lovers, this is the best time to visit Kakheti region. Georgia in the autumn season from September to November is very beautiful, especially in November – the most unpredictable in terms of weather month of the autumn.